Re: Boot problem.

At 2:45 AM -0600 1/10/00, Michael Schmitz wrote:
>> You may also be encountering problems with the SCSI driver, which is less
>> that optimally coded. Search the mailing list archives for comments on this.
>
>Last, it might be a problem with th lack of FPU emulation in the 2.0.36
>kernel as the 520 probably has a LC040 processor.

Both the pb520 and pb540 have no FPU.

>CC: to linux-mac68k, someone there should have the latest scoop on
>Powerbooks.

Not much has changed recently. The 2.2 should (in theory) function without
PMU (keyboard, mouse, power management) support, and 2.3 may or may not
function and may or may not have working PMU support, depending on the
model, phase of the moon, and the particular shade of that green fuzzy
stuff hiding at the back of your fridge. (I belive the correct combination
is 'pb190', 'waxing crescent', and 'light teal with above average fuzziness
and low goo factor', but I may be mistaken)

If someone wants to start donating powerbooks and/or quality kernel hacking
time, things will get supported a whole lot faster.

Cheers - Tony :)

--
Tony Mantler         Renaissance Nerd Extraordinaire         eek@escape.ca
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada                       http://www.escape.ca/~eek