DSelect Problem on both SE/30 and Quadra 630

Hi,

Here's a problem I've had installing Debian Linux onto both an SE/30 and Quadra/Performa 630 over a high-speed cable/ethernet connection:

When dropped into dselect to install packages everything works fine the first time through, downloading packages from the internet and then installing them. However, after quitting dselect, and then going back a second time to install other programs, I get the following error when trying the update option (a similar error occurs when selecting the install option):

/urs/lib/dpkg//methods/apt/update: line 20: 5227 Segmentation fault $APTGET $OPTS update

update available list script returned error exit status 139.

On the SE/30, this problem went away once by itself but then came back. It seems that something in apt is getting screwed up. Anyone have any ideas what the problem is?

BTW, netatalk works great on the quadra (based on limited testing), but is slow as molasses on the SE/30. I haven't given up on the SE/30 just yet though!

Thanks

Darryl

Yoshi's Restaurants

http://www.yoshisonline.com