Re: Security? Re: Somebody build python2 for unstable (please, please!)

On Thu, Apr 26, 2001 at 09:15:42PM +0200, Wouter Verhelst wrote:

> > Uhm, well, time to mention that donations of RAM and disk space (and may be
> > other hardware) are always welcome for the other buildds... ;-)))
> I don't think this would prove useful. This is just 72 pins
> Fastpage-RAM; in some 2nd hand PC-stores you can easily find this. And
> cheaper than me sending this to someone else by snail mail ;-)

Nowhere found a PC store where I could get some 32 MB Simms for <10 DEM ;))

> <snip NFS-building>
> > But I guess, this could be changed to a nfs friendly way of file locking and
> > so on by a skilled person...
> Hmmm... or just use another network filesystem. There's something called
> "CODA", but I've not seen it yet. And how about SMB?

Uhm, only tried with a NT4 host. Doesn't work either. NT4 is not able to use
symlinks (whereas the underlying NTFS is capable of that, but not the Win32
API).
Never tried CODA. May be you want to try and to report? ;-))

> No need to stick to the outdated security strainer that NFS is...

Depends on... but NFS under Linux seems to be very crappy, anyway...
I never had such problems with NFS on SGIs, only on Linux... d'oh!

--
Ciao...                    // PowerAnimator & Maya Operator
      Ingo               \X/  To boldly design where noone designed before!