Re: Lost /etc/brlapi.key

Hello Mario,

Mario Lang <mlang@debian.org> wrote on So, Sep 12, 2010 at 11:26:29 +0200:
>Sebastian Humenda <shumenda@googlemail.com> writes:
>> Should have been my second look. Sorry. I built BRLTTY with the prefix
>> /usr/local. In order to run it, I put a symlink into /sbin pointing to
>> /usr/local/bin/brltty. A short while ago I removed this symlink and now Orca
>> does search for the brlapi.key in /usr/local/etc. From where does Orca know
>> that?
>
>> That seems odd to me, I never told it to look there;
>
>Orca does not directly search for your brlapi.key, libbrlapi does,
[...]
>You should be knowing what you're doing if you run mixed
>setups like this.

[...]
>> I thought it would always look in /etc.
>
>But you installed a local version in /usr/local, why do you suppose
>the behaviour should be the same as with the debian package if you
>explicitly
>changed the prefix?
Ah. It was a fundamental misunderstanding. I thought that if I
install something into /usr/local, it's somehow independent of the rest of the
system and therefore no library or program would search there. Now everything
is logical: I have to purge the version there. And yes, now everything is fine.

Many, many thanks for your explanations!
Greetings
Sebastian
--
Test the free Latin-German dictionary | Teste das freie Latein-Deutsch-Wörterbuch!
Online: http://dict.uni-leipzig.de/dictd?Form=dict3&Database=lat-deu