Re: glibc and associated packages in incoming

At 12:59 -0500 1999-03-16, Christopher C Chimelis wrote:
Also, package order is *super* important when installing these things.
Best thing that I've found to do is install the new libc6.1 and
libncurses4 debs together on one command line.  This avoids a problem with
dpkg trying to work using a libncurses that's outdated.

I have discovered that only apt seems to be able to safely do this upgrade.

Also, apt has been recompiled now.  Please bang on it and make sure things
are ok with it.  It's a new version, so I'm not sure if it breaks anything
or does anything different.

0.1.10.1 is nothing more than a recompile against glibc 2.1.
--
Joel Klecker (aka Espy)                     <URL:http://web.espy.org/>
<URL:mailto:jk@espy.org>                  <URL:mailto:espy@debian.org>