Re: Thinkpad X13s boot loop after dist-upgrade

On Tue, May 30, 2023 at 12:35:08PM +0200, Lionel Élie Mamane wrote:

> I then upgraded "everything". Now the system won't boot anymore :-(

> It goes into grub alright, but after Grub it (..) reboots;

Something had changed the "debian" EFI boot option to load directly
grubaa64.efi instead of DtbLoader.efi.

I added another boot option "Debian-LEM" that loads DtbLoader.efi and
I'm now successfully booted into my system using Linaro's kernel
linux-image-6.2.0-aarch64-laptops-02306-g9f9a1903a65e
(I had previously, while trying to debug the problem, chrooted into my
 install from the rescue system of the install USB stick from
 people.linaro.org, and copied that kernel's dtb file into
 /boot/efi/dtb/f249803d-etc-etc.dtb)

Now the questions are:

 * what mucked with the boot entry like that (maybe something linked
   to efibootmgr and/or some grub automagic)

 * how do I avoid that in the future

 * how do I get an EFI shell without having to use the install USB
   stick