Re: Release-critical Bugreport for January 7, 2000

At Fri, 7 Jan 2000 12:13:29 +0000 (GMT),
Jules Bean <jmlb2@hermes.cam.ac.uk> wrote:

> > On Fri, Jan 07, 2000 at 01:52:09PM +0300, Alexey Vyskubov wrote:
> > > I think that all we have to do is to package libc6 version instead of libc5.
> >
> > But it appears that the libc5 binaries are the solution to the terrible
> > instability problems that we've had in the past. Like when you close
> > one window and the rest go with it. This hasn't happened to me on
> > linux netscape in ages now.
>
> That's right.  IIRC, doogie said that actually it was some complex
> interaction with some code in xlib, and it wasn't technically a bug in
> netscape.  I never asked for the details.
>
> But, the nub is, yes, the libc5 version has been much more stable for
> me...

But, the libc5 version has been unusable for us, using multibyte characters,
because multibyte character handling in libc5 is completely broken.
We need libc6 version, which works better than libc5 version.

Why not do we have both version, libc5 and libc6 of communicator?

Regards,
Fumitoshi UKAI