Developement of a new postcript converter.

I send this email first to gnu@gnu.org  January 31. (old subject : To rewrite Ghostscript ? )

Dear sir,

I am an happy home user of Linux and Gnu programs. :-)
For me there is a lack of driver for the printer. We have good software, good graphical interface but you can't print your job on the new printer and the constructor don't give you any documentation to program it. I am not as rich i want to buy a postscript printer.
Ghostscript is a good program it have lacuna. It 's difficult to upgrade it for a new printer although you have the uniprint driver (.upp).
An idea is to write the same thing like ghostscript but with modules you can't easily add like driver in the linux kernel.
( It look the GDI of windows and you add the driver ...). Linux becomes a standard and I thing it's important to make good impression.
There is lot of advantages to do this :

-You can add a lot of drivers without the needs of recompiling all.
-The manufacturer can write the driver for the new printer if they don't want to give us documentation.
- Unix user will be happy to make word processing ... presentation ...
I'am very frustate to use windows for printing in high quality. (I have a deskjet 880C).

My question is how can i do to initiate the project ?
I am not a real computer scientist, i don't have the knowledge to perform good structure of programming. But i can't do many language ( C,C++ ...) and i am a volunteer to write code. Where can I find some volonteers who are experts in printer and have good view to make a good structure of this advanced ghostscript ? ( I have some ideas to ,  are they good an optimum for further upgrade ?).

sincerely yours.