Re: Need help with libc6 conversion and rpath

On Sun, Nov 02, 1997 at 12:39:55PM -0500, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:
> Yesterday, I tried a straight rebuild of Octave on my hamm system [2] on
> which I have built libc6 versions of all my other packages. The
> configure[.in] of Octave sets the following on i386 linux
> 	RLD_FLAG='-Xlinker -rpath -Xlinker $(libdir)'
> This builds fine, but it plain coredumps. Now, as far as I understand it,
> rpath can help with different versions of a library in different
> locations. (See [3] for a fine quote by James LewisMoss on this, taken from
> the debian-policy list.)

Are you sure the -I and -L options are set up properly to use the
local copy of readline?  Also, are you getting the segfaults before or
after you've installed the new version?

> [2] ldso            1.9.6-2        The Linux dynamic linker, library and utilit
>     libc6           2.0.5c-0.1     The GNU C library version 2 (run-time files)
>     gcc             2.7.2.3-3      The GNU C compiler.
>     libg++272       2.7.2.8-0.1    The GNU C++ libraries (libc6 version)

There may still be some problems between libc6 2.0.5c and libg++.
Anyone else know for sure?

David
--
David Engel                        ODS Networks
david@sw.ods.com                   1001 E. Arapaho Road