Re: non-DFSG section and CD distributers

From:  Bruce Perens
> We are the standard-bearers.
> We define free software.
> We show how it should be done.
> We are the demonstration that it can be done.
> We do not take the low road or the coward's course.
> We do not seek to fit in.
> We do not trade our principles for popularity.

I understand and appreciate the DFSG more every day.  I believe
the project definitely took the right step in setting this up.

However, the statements above make me uncomfortable, because they
don't seem to admit the possibility that some other person or
group of persons may someday find a better way to define standards
or free software (e.g., implementation methods which better suit
changing technological or political circumstances), and that the Debian
project might then have some catching up to do in order to reach a
higher ground identified by someone else.

Susan Kleinmann