Re: libc5 uploads for bo

On Mon, 17 Nov 1997, Fabrizio Polacco wrote:

> Christian Schwarz wrote:
> >
> > Hi folks!
> >
> >   1. The version should be distinct from the "unstable" version (e.g.
> >      to identify bug reports)
> >
> >   2. The version has to be greater than the "stable" version and
> >      less than the "unstable" version (to make upgrades to the
> >      "unstable" version possible)
>
> right
>
> >   For a bo-uploaded package, the version number is taken from the
> >   corresponding "unstable" package, with the Debian revision
> >   decremented by 1 and ".bo" appended.
> >
> >   For example, "foo_1.2-5" in unstable will be "foo_1.2-4.bo" in
> >   "bo-unstable".
>
> This could be a good start, but what later?
> I mean the next version, will be foo_1.2-6 for unstable, and for
> bo-unstable?

Let me see:

                       bo-unstable       unstable
    old package        1.2-4.bo          1.2-5
    new package        1.2-5.bo          1.2-6

> foo_1.2-5.bo fails condition 2b (less than the unstable: I read less
> than _all_ the unstable versions of that package, otherways you could
> upgrade a libc6 to a libc5).

You're right! I'll try to fix the rules:

   1. The "bo" and "hamm" versions should get different version
      numbers (e.g. for bug reports)

   2. The "bo" version has to be always less than the "hamm" version

   3. Of course, the list of "bo" and the list of "hamm" versions have to
      be in increasing order.

I think we have to use epochs then:

                       bo-unstable       unstable
    old package        1.2-4.bo          1:1.2-4
    new package        1.2-5.bo          1:1.2-5

Comments?

Thanks,

Chris

--          _,,     Christian Schwarz