Re: so what? Re: Debian development modem

On Thu, 28 May 1998, Edward Betts wrote:

> Has anything major changed in Debain over the last 3 months, is it
> considerably more stable than 3 months ago or code there have been a code
> freeze and release 3 months ago???

The installation disk and apt to name a few.
<flame>
If you want a release every few months, go with a distributor that
distributes unstable and untested releases (redhat comes to mind).
</flame>
We are only volunteers, and even the critical elements (like the boot
disks) only move as fast as the people who work on them move.  If you
really wanted a cd, someone would have probably made one from unstable
for you.  I'd prefer if debian not put the stable sticker on something
just because we hit a 3 month mark (I know there was more to the request
than just that, I just fear this result in the long run).

Brandon