Re: network install on laptops

On Fri, Nov 20, 1998 at 02:16:35PM +0100, Anthony C. Zboralski wrote:

> if you wanna do a network install on a laptop, you are out of luck cause
> the pcmcia modules are on the base install.

No, the pcmcia modules are on the drivers floppy, with all the other
modules. They are installed at the "extract operating system and modules"
step, before the "configure the network" step.

There's a "configure pcmcia" option shown as "alternative" option on the
same dialog box where "configure the network" is shown as the "next"
option.

I've done a Debian 2.0 network install on a Toshiba Satellite laptop just
three weeks ago, using only the (tecra) rescue and drivers floppies, and
a pcmcia network card. It worked flawlessly.

--
Enrique Zanardi					   ezanardi@ull.es