Re: IPv6 support and Debian

At 01:14 -0500 1998-11-27, Steve Dunham wrote:
A good first step would be to compile and install glibc 2.0.1xx and
then rebuild "netbase" with ipv6 turned on in the "net-tools"
subdirectory.

I will probably upload a set of glibc 2.1 packages for i386 to experimental as soon as I consult with the rest of the glibc team. The biggest problem with this is it will break all C++ code on the system due to the different libstdc++ ABI.

Some of our ports need to use glibc 2.1, so it should be a simple matter to build net-tools with IPv6 support for those architectures.
--
Joel Klecker (aka Espy)                     <URL:http://web.espy.org/>
<URL:mailto:jk@espy.org>                  <URL:mailto:espy@debian.org>