Re: Filesystem and archive changes

At 23:20 +0100 1998-12-12, Martin Schulze wrote:
This has to be worked out or we will end up in the same bo->hamm
desaster we already had.  I do not want to have this.

I plan to test this on my own machine and see if I can solve it. At issue here is that the glibc 2.1 FAQ says that the older libstdc++ should still work, but I am told that it doesn't.

Both versions of libc need to coexist and transition needs to be made
easy.

The versions can't coexist (and there shouldn't be reason for that to be necessary), it's just not possible.
--
Joel Klecker (aka Espy)                     <URL:http://web.espy.org/>
<URL:mailto:jk@espy.org>                  <URL:mailto:espy@debian.org>