Request for package: Midgard

Greetings!

First, I guess it would be a good idea to introduce me
and the project I'm talking about. I am working as a
Webmaster for a finnish IT company. Our Web Team does all of
the development using Free Software tools, and also participates
actively in some projects in our field, most important of
these being the Midgard project. Midgard is a freely-available
web application server based on PHP3
(http://www.midgard-project.org).

Now, as I use Debian boxes at work, I have been thinking
on making a Debianized version of Midgard so that it would
work better for users of this very nice distribution.

However, after studying the matter for a while, I understand
that while I could easily get Midgard packaged and make it
available, I still wouldn't propably have enough time to fulfill
the responsibilities of a Debian Developer properly.

Because of this I am asking you whether there would be interest
in some of you to work on creating an maintaining the Debian
packages for this application server suite.

The Midgard Project is evolving quite fast and new versions
are popping up every few weeks. It is licensed under LGPL with
example code in it distributed under the X Consortium license.
This would make it suitable for the main branch. However, as
it depends on MySQL (non-free, I guess) at this point it should
propably be placed in contrib. We are looking to add support
for other databases and this problem should disappear sometime
during June.

If you are interested in the project, please contact me and
I'll be happy to help you with getting the project started
and working.

Thanks in advance!

/Bergie
--