Re: Request for package: Midgard

Henri Bergius <Henri.Bergius@iki.fi> writes:

> (http://www.midgard-project.org).

> Because of this I am asking you whether there would be interest
> in some of you to work on creating an maintaining the Debian
> packages for this application server suite.

Oh my, I seem to have volunteered to take this.
I won't have the time to work on it for at least a week or two, so if
anyone with more time on their hands wants to step forward and take it,
feel free, otherwise I'll start on it shortly.

Communicating with upstream won't be a problem (Hi Bergie!), and I
expect to start using the software myself too.

> This would make it suitable for the main branch. However, as
> it depends on MySQL (non-free, I guess) at this point it should
> propably be placed in contrib. We are looking to add support
> for other databases and this problem should disappear sometime
> during June.

mysql is supposedly going dfsg free soon, so midgard won't have to be in
contrib when that is fixed, but adding support for other databases is
still a good thing.