Re: infomagic

On Fri, Jul 23, 1999 at 10:52:55PM -0400, Michael Stone wrote:
> > > Josip is also coordinating the work about the release critical bugs.
> >
> > How is this being done?  I've seen nothing about it on the lists.
>
> Ditto. I'd like to know if I'm duplicating effort.

As you all already read from dark's message (Richard Braakman, the release
manager) some two weeks ago, I'm mailing all the maintainers that have
release critical bugs, introducing them to the options they have in fixing
them, and asking them a bunch of silly questions nobody knows answers to ;)

Anyway, in the first day of my mailing, 64 maintainers/groups/list were
reached, and the next day the RC bug number has dropped by 18. Of course,
not all of that was direct consequence of the mails, but some really were.
I sincerely hope that this trend will continue in the future :)

That's all I have to say for now... just take a look at this page sometimes:

	http://master.debian.org/~wakkerma/bugs/

--
enJoy -*/\*- pronounced 'iosip', or simply 'joseph'