login clear screen

hello,

I searched the archives and did not find anything on this...

on redhat the login program clears the screen when it is spawned or when too many login failures occur etc, this leaves the consoles cleared displaying just a single login prompt. personally I like this, and miss it in Debian (to which I am in the process of switching to)

I did not find any options for debian's login to clear the screen... (if there is one somewhere i'd like to know)

is the clear screen behavior considered annoying or obnoxious by debian folks or is it just that nobody ever implemented it?

Best Regards,
Ethan Benson
To obtain my PGP key: http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/pgp/