Re: experimental bash-2.03 and readline-4.0 packages for potato

On Sun, Nov 21, 1999 at 09:29:00AM -0500, Raul Miller wrote:

> If we're going to use alternatives for this, we're going to have to
> re-engineer them so that /bin/sh can work even if every package which
> could provide it is unconfigured.
>
> Which is essentially repeating what Joel already said.

A solution which is proposed in the BTS is to divert /bin/sh in the
preinst of bash and remove the divertion after installation. I am
not quite sure - I did not yet understand those divert stuff and
sadly it is not properly documented. This was the only reason why
I did not upload a new bash fixing the /bin/sh problem.

In fact I asked for help on a few lists but never got any responses.

cu
    Torsten