Re: Why is the author of ps(1) such a moron?

On Fri, Nov 26, 1999 at 12:07:59AM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:

> Perhaps attitudes like this are reflective of why Red Hat have been at the
> forefront of projects like the LSB.  Er, yeah...
>
> "I can't be bothered to learn it, therefore it sucks."

Oh, I learned from that manpage. I did not know there is something like
a <pre> tag for manpages. It seems he does not allow any reformatting
by groff *brrr*.

> Maybe Debian should fork our own procps again.  At Red Hat it is obviously
> under less than capable management.

Not sure. Perhaps it's just the wrong person who wrote the manpage. I
believe there are a lot of capable Linux developers at RedHat. Let's
ask Alan Cox for his opinion on that manpage :)

cu
    Torsten