Re: RfD: Removing mailing lists

On Fri, Oct 05, 2001 at 09:11:34PM +0200, Martin Schulze wrote:

> My investigation showed that there are quite some lists that are not
> used (anymore), but that have people subscribed.  I watched the lists
> for about three weeks.  There are lists that are of very low traffic
> which is intended, so they were ignored.

I think that debian-devel-games was intended as low-traffic.  There
are enough game-specific issues with debian (sgid dirs and files,
common libraries, standards, etc.) that I think the list is fully
justified.  In fact, I'd like to see it be a recommended list for all
maintainers who package games.  The list was useful when the FSB made
us move /var/lib/games to /var/games (and would have been more useful
if more people were subscribed).  Chances are it'll be useful the next
time something like that arises.

Please don't axe debian-devel-games.

Aside from that, I have no objections to the proposed list removal.

cheers
--
Chris Waters           |  Pneumonoultra-        osis is too long
xtifr@debian.org       |  microscopicsilico-    to fit into a single