Re: MSDOS name conversion

>> I think that splitting the packages in the main binary is a bit of a
>> problem for the dftp and dpkg-ftp scripts (I didn't check but I can
>> imagine).
>
>But dftp and dpkg-ftp could be changed, right ?  After all, we have to
>upgrade some software first to install 1.1 anyway ...

Yes, I could change dftp, but I don't see why it is necessary to split
the packages in the standard tree.  If somebody is able to go through
all the steps necessary to create the original base disks, they can
easiy run "split" on their packages.

People can always use the partition they have set aside for swap as a
DOS partition until they get their system basically up and running.
(Well, those with at least 8MB can, anyway.)

                                        Brian
                                 ( bcwhite@bnr.ca )