Re: Populating non-free firmware?

On Sat, Dec 24, 2022 at 03:22:17PM -0500, Timothy M Butterworth wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 24, 2022 at 12:15 PM M. Zhou <lumin@debian.org> wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 2022-12-24 at 11:44 +0200, Jonathan Carter wrote:
> > >
> > > The non-free-firmware [component] has been created, but so far it
> > > only
> > > contains the rasbpi-firmware package.
> >
> > Please ensure to include the packages for wifi cards, especially
> > the iwlwifi since I don't use desktop pc.

I don't think there's any dispute here: we'll put in all of the non-free
firmware that's needed that's actually firmware.

The problem is a logistics one: the archives need to be split up, there
needs to be a transition plan, maybe the easiest way is to do NMU uploads

As I read the DPL's message it's a "Hey, we need to do this now and time
is running short, let's agree how to do it and actually do it" rather
than not including one driver and not another.

All best, as ever,

Andy Cater