Re: Statusreport on apt-get wrapper (gcc-*-base-arch-linux missing ?)

> Hi Nikita,

Hello

> as you know I try to get apt-get working for foreign architectures. I
> could get a first version of apt-get working on installing PowerPC
> packages with dependencies on a i386 using dpkg-cross to install them.

Cool. Could you please let me look at your work?

> This version is not ready for every day usage.
>
> Here a list of TODOs follow as next:
>  * More careful proceeding of package status information.
>  * Better proceeding of Packages files downloaded by APT.
>  * Support for deinstalling cross-packages using APT and dpkg-cross.
>  * Make `aptitude' happy about the cross-packages.
>  * Install cross-compiler while foreign GCC/BINUTILS are mandatory.
>  * Make apt-get -b (maybe apt-build) working.
>
> While testing I recognised that gcc-3.4-base-powerpc-linux is not build
> for a PowerPC cross-compiler. Is this a bug?

No, it's expected behaiour. Cross-compilers depend on gcc-X.Y-base. So add
this to keepdeps.

Nikita

P.S.
I remember that I have some unprocessed mail from you, It's not lost, just
I haven't processed it yet.