Re: unicode 13 in bullseye

Hi,

On 2021-01-02 20:27, Nick Black wrote:
> Hey there, glibc maintainers! I recently filed bug #977691
> regarding Unicode 13 in Debian Bullseye's glibc:
>
>   https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=977691
>
> I hadn't heard back, so I wanted to ask here, since the Bullseye
> freeze is coming so soon.
>
>  * Do you intend to ship glibc 2.32+ in Bullseye?

No, the freeze is in next than 10 days, and it would not be reasonable
to ship a new upstream version now.

>  * If not, ought I prepare a patch to backport the Unicode 13
>    support, or is it unlikely that such a patch would be
>    accepted?

I have tried to backport the corresponding commit and it seems to work
fine, at least the glibc testsuite still passes. I'll include it in the
next upload, but it might get reverted if it causes regressions in other
packages.

Aurelien