Re: Ubuntu logout dialog patch in Debian [Discuss]

Am Mittwoch, den 20.06.2007, 15:22 +0350 schrieb Alan Baghumian:
> Hi,
>
> I know that this subject has been discussed some times ago, but want to
> re-open the discussion about it to see if it's possible to include this
> patch in Debian GNOME or not.
>
> The patch is being maintained constantly by Ubuntu staff and we can
> keep it updated for minor bug fix releases (ex: 2.18.2, 2.18.3...). As
> we do the same for many patches. It maintain an updated version for
> Parsix too:
>
> http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/pkg-parsix/pkg/main/gnome-panel/trunk/
> debian/patches/?rev=0&sc=0
>
> So, If it's possible, send your comments to see if there is a room to
> put this patch in.
>
> Cheers,
> Alan

It is quite an invasive patch to the user interface. There was some
discussion about the log out/shutdown dialogs some time ago and the
current layout is the result of this. Sorry, but I cannot find the
corresponding mailing list postings or bug reports anymore. GNOME's
mailing list search seems to be down.

So the question should be why to not use the GNOME dialogs and menu
entries?

Cheers,

Sebastian