emacs install problem

Hello. I tried to install emacs20_20.3.5 but get dependency problems
with emacsen-common 1.4.9 which requires bsdmainutils. But I have
textutils 2.0-2 installed which conflicts with bsdmainutils when I try
to install bsdmainutils 4.5.2. All of these from ftp debian.
Is it OK to force remove textutils (ordinary remove fails since it's
required) or is there another way to install emacs? Maybe I'm doing
something wrong.
I've got the latest tarball of Hurd with the base updates.
Thanks for help in advance.