Making Devices on First Install

Hi Everybody,
	I am working to get the Hurd installed.  So far, everything is
going fine.  I got the Hurd to boot, using the large tar ball,  and have
run the native install script.  Now, I need to make some devices.
	This may seem obvious to some.  Please bear with me, how do I know
what devices I need to make?  I am running the Hurd on an IBM Thinkpad
390E.  I assume I need to make devices for my CD-Rom, floppy, various
ports, PCMCIA, all partitions, etc.  Is this correct, Also, how do I know
what to label these devices?  Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Bryan