Need Help with network card setup-NEWBIE

I have a working HURD installation, the boot sequence lists a card (the
correct one) during the startup. but I have a lot of error messages and
the system can not locate the card when I try to ping the localhost or
my gateway. I have my own domain and my ISP has assigned my static IP
addresses. I ahve tried to use info, man, etc. but nothing realy details
setting up networking. Wierdly the boot meassage does point out the
author of the drivers for the realtek 8139 chipset based card that I am
using. I had to recompile my kernel in Linux to get that card to work.
Must I do the same for HURD? I also use a dual processor system, must I
recompile for them both to work--seems much slower than Linux SMP.
--
AdVance-Computing Systems

We sell fine quality servers and workstations.
We specialize in multiprocessor units.
We install Debian Linux at no extra charge!

John Foster
jfoster@augustmail.com
ICQ# 19460173