Debian GNU/HURD for Alpha?

Hello all;

I've been reading through the list archives (all the way from the
beginning). I am a die hard Alpha user (currently Debian GNU/Linux)
and I am interested in seeing Debian GNU/HURD on Alpha.

There seem to be different opinions on how one should start porting
things over. Having read through a LOT of mail and docs I've outlined
this:

1. Port a microkernel to Alpha; Some say to use a previous Mach that
was ported to Alpha, some say to go ahead and try to port GNU Mach,
others say to find another microkernel (i.e. not a Mach-based one).

2. Create/port some type of boot loader.

3. Port the C library and friends.

After these three things have been done it should be fairly easy to get
the rest to work. There is interest from others to port, but none seem
to have gone further then an inquiry.

Did I get all the above correct?

Next.. can someone who is not a Debian developer help? FYI I am in the
queue, but waiting for my nm manager to review my packaging skills
(almost there! ;-)

Any other things I've missed, or anyone care to comment?

TIA,

Ron
--
Email: <mailto:rbf@farrer.net>