Why it's so slow?

 I just noticed that Hurd is TOO slow on my hardware, about 3 times against
Linux. It slows down on file operations and while executing bash scripts.
Dynamic loading is not fast too. Is there any recomendations about performance
tuning? Can I boot Hurd using any other Mach3 implementation?

 And another question: is there any CVS access to Hurd, gnumach and
debian-hurd distribution development?

 And the last one: WHERE IS ifconfig?!?! I want to see the network from
the Hurd!!!!

--

   V.S.Lugovsky aka Mauhuur (http://ontil.ihep.su/~vsl)  (ICQ: 40614518)