Debian Hurd installation Questions

Hi,
first I must say: I got it run !!! YES !!! :-)
But I also must do some handwork. :-(
Therefore here are my question:

I) Is there some space limitation for the root disk?
Because I first try to install the Hurd in a partition with 7518420
sectors, but as I try to boot (he nearly completeted the "boot process")
the Hurd there came this error message:

scsidisk I/O error: dev 08:03, sector 28, absolute sector 1220968
/hurd/ext2fs.static: cannot vm_map whole disk: (os/kern) no space
available

and the "boot process" halted. After I install the Hurd in a partition
with only 1028160 sectors on the same harddisk the "boot process" finished
with the following message:

scsidisk I/O error: dev 08:03, sector 28, absolute sector 1220968
Hurd server bootstrap: ext2fs.static[sd0s10] exec init proc auth

I don't now if it's important: the smaller partition is "before"
the bigger.

II) Does anybody now, why I get those error message:
scsidisk I/O error: dev 08:03, sector 28, absolute sector 1220968

III) Is there a way to get the messages at boottime back, like "dmesg"
because I got other error message but they scroll to fast over the screen.

IV) Can it be that in the new hurd_19990725 package is an failure?
because init try to run at boot time /libexec/runsystem but there is only
a file /libexec/runsystem.gnu and after I copied runsystem.gnu to
runsystem I got no error messages. ( Ok, it was try and error, but it
worked. I hope :-/ )

Thanks for any answers.

Ciao
Reinhard

PS: This was my second english "paper" after school. I hope you understand
it. :-/