Few questions

Greetings everybody!

I'm currently tryin' to get hurd running on
my PC and there are few problems  with the
install.
I've first tried to install hurd from debian packages,
the problem was the console behavior:
all keys i was entring where echoed, but only a half
of them where processed ie

#cd  /tmp
d/m: not ...

but hitting every key twice worked nice ( nice for the shell, not or me :o)
a part that the nativr-install script failed at the end (I'm sorry, i know
this is *BAD*, but i don't remember what exactely vent wrong).
Any way, i've swiched to the tarball installation from
alpha.gnu.org/pub/gnu/hurd/contrib/marcus
the gnu-19990505.tar.gz was corrupted, but gnu-19990104.tar.gz was ok,
so i've installed the last one all seems ok, but i can't install deb's
from ftp.fr.debian.org/pub/debian/dists/sid/main/binary-hurd-i386
because dpkg says that debs are "hurd-i386" architecture and the system
running is "i386" and refuses to install. I agree that this is a debian
issue, but i'm new in debian (but allready an unconditional supporer), and
have still some basic things to learn.

I'd also like to know what is the apt-get port status on hurd.

Thanks,

Mickey.

PS: please forgive my poor english.