Screen

Hi,

In the absence of X and console switching, I tried to get "screen"
(debian version 3.9.5-2.1) up and running under hurd.

The compilation went through cleanly (with some warnings about
incomplete formats). The compiled binary just hangs there (presumably
waiting to open a PTY). Is there something about initialising PTY's
that is different with the hurd? I could see nothing on the web page.

If someone else is already working on getting screen working could
they please inform me?

Thanks in advance,

Kapil.

P.S. Some of the things that I managed to build.

	ssmtp (useful to get mail off the hurd to the mailhub)
	elvis (vi clone --- I left out the X support :-)

ftp://banyan.imsc.ernet.in/pub/mirror/local/

     Has these packages.