I'd like to know your thoughts about EROS

I've read that a new version of EROS has been released under the GPL.

While still in a early state, EROS is a microkernel OS which has some
interesting possibilities :
- it use a capability scheme for security
- it has orthogonal persistency i.e. by default everything is
persistent.

See http://www.eros-os.org for additional information.

I would like to know what you think about EROS ?

Please note that I'm NOT trying to raise a discussion about which
microkernel is better, or trying to raise a flamewar, it's just that the
opinion of people more knowledgeable than me in microkernels should be
very interesting.

So, what's your take, what do you think are the upside and the downside
of the EROS approach ?
--
Renaud HEBERT