Installation feedback,X problems

                                 Hi!
        I  installed Hurd from deb-packages(I tried it out several times
,also from tarball,everything O.K.).
Hurd was very unstable,before i add  swap (i have only 32 MB memory now,
ooh... must upgrade).I use one swap-partition together with GNU/Linux on
the same drive.Only the editing of /boot/servers.boot was nessesary for
swap activation (no fstabs and so on- stange?).After that i was able to
install Emacs_.deb package.It seems to work without errors now.
        Installation of devel-packages - absolut O.K.  I compiled mc
(also O.K., some error messages at the end of
compliation in /po directory  were light to repair).The compilation of
Octave failed one time ,but i will try it again after memory upgrade
:-)  .
        I set my standalone  "networt"  simply with  settrans
/servers/socket/2 /hurd/pfinet  and works ,i mean i can ping
127.0.0.1,hurd or localhost.
         ...but X ,...ooooo ,hhhelp, i can see it ,but i cann't use it
.X works on my mashine only with

X --allowMouseOpenFail
I have : downloaded precompiled 3.3.3.1 from ftp.free86.org and
downloaded precompiled kbd,mouse from Uchiyama`s site (there are also
pfinet and term do i need them?).
But after  i put them into /dev ( as written ) i had no X at all. I have
tried to put then into /hurd and done
                      settrans -cg /dev/kbd /hurd/kbd
(and chmod ,chown)  i saw XXXXXXXXXXXXXX for the first time on Hurd. I
experimented with mouse this way ,but
it failed. I have  on Linux :/dev/psaux  and ps2.
     Where could i read more about settrans ,its grammar and behavior? I
don 't  know exactly  how  to patch hurd -can i read  documentation
somethere (about patch in general too)?
      Thank you!
      Sorry for bad english.
                                                                  Mihail