italian translation

Hi,

I'm working on a project for an Italian distribution based on Debian.
Mostly the work will be to translate the bootdisks, the rest of the
installation process and some documentation, and create a one-cdrom
distribution which will be distributed in a box with a book (the
debian guide by Ossama and Othman, of the debian-guide package).

The work we've already done is updating the boot-floppies .po files,
translating the boot-floppies documentation (2/3 already done), and
translating some debconf template files. These files will be
shortly uploaded to the CVS or sent to the package maintainers.

And now for some questions... is there any language other than english
for which the translation process is in a later stage? Which procedure
did it follow? Which is the procedure to follow to send the files
to the maintainers of the packages which are not in the debian CVS? Is it
ok to send them as bug reports? Is there any documentation I missed
for translators in the Debian website? Are there any useful scripts
to manage the distributions, for example to check the consistency
of a package list?

Thanks

Eugenia
---