Re: postfix, qmail, zmailer, qpopper, cyrus?

I suggest you use qmail for MTA, aand the latest vpopmail for
providing mail addresses to the users without needing a shell account to
each.

The latest vpopmail package can be accessed from vpopmail homepage
(http://www.inter7.com/vpopmail). If you don't want to store the user data
(authentication info only) in a mysql database, then contact the packager,
to provide a patch for normal cdb authentication. He can be reached at
ondrej@sury.cz   I think for 300 users you don't need mysql.

For other questions, subscribe to  the debian-qmail list, at
qmail@planetsites.com (send a letter to qmail-subscribe@planetsites.com
to subscribe).

For mailing lists you can choose an arbitrary mailing list manager
software, I would suggest mailman or ezmlm-idx, both are provided in
debian package, and both support maildirs I think. Ezmlm has better
integration with vpopmail though, so I recommend that.

POP3 is provided with qmail.

Regards,

Robert Varga