Re: x-window-manager link

Andy,

I don't have/can't find a '.xinitrc' file.  Nearest thing I can come up with
is .Xsession file, but putting 'startkde' as last line in there doesn't do it.

I would like to issue a 'startx' command at the command line and end up with
the KDE desktop loaded.

I can now get to the KDE desktop by issuing the 'xinit' command and then the
'startkde' command in the X login window.  Trouble there is if I try to close
the X login window, X stops and I'm back at the command line.

Close.....  I feel I'm close, but just not quite there.  Must be something
simple!

Thanks for your help!

On Tuesday 09 October 2001 17:54, Andy Bastien wrote:
The script that start KDE is /usr/bin/startkde.  All that should be
necessary is to put that as the last line in your .xinitrc