Re: ATI Radeon and Inspiron 4100

Since that device is still pretty new, it may not be supported in
accelerated mode yet.  You should still be able to use it as a generic
VESA device (in your XF86Config-4 file, use Driver "vesa" instead of
Driver "radeon").

The other Mobility chipsets (which IIRC are all based on the Rage 128
chipset) are different from the Radeon Mobility, so any information you
find about them probably won't apply.