Re: Zope Public License

Jim Pick <jim@jimpick.com> wrote:
>   http://www.zope.org/License
>
> It's got an advertising clause, and an even more intrusive
> "Attribution" clause where they require users of the software to link
> to their site using a button.

Use clauses are of dubious legality, and if the current Open
Source definition doesn't forbid them it should.  Definitely,
our DSFG[*] guidelines should forbid use clauses.

--
Raul

[*] Intentional typo:  I'm thinking that Debian Software Freedom
Guidelines would be less ambiguous than Deban Free Software Guidelines.