Re: Dangerous precedent being set - possible serious violation of the GPL

>    I'm including the full text below.  What I find particularly odious is
> not the exclusion of minors (though it is odious), but the contention (as
> usual in purported EULAs) that Corel still retains title to the copy of
> the software downloaded, whether it's under GPL or not.

If you're referring to the following section,

"All right, title and interest in the Software Programs, including source
code, documentation, appearance, structure and organization, are held by
Corel Corporation, Corel Corporation Limited, and others and are protected
by copyright and other laws."

the "and others" covers everyone who already has title to the included software. It
doesn't extend Corel's title over the existing software it simply puts title over
the components that are created by Corel. Essentially, it enforces the ownership of
the original creators.

Erich Forler
Product Development Manager
Corel Linux

--
The address in the headers is not the poster's real email address.  Do not send
private mail to the poster using your mailer's "reply" feature.  CC's of mail