Re: Question about the old BSD license and GPL (gtkipmsg)

On Saturday 23 June 2001  8:46 pm, John Galt wrote:

> Because you failed to answer my question about three exchanges ago:
> if the GNU in Debian GNU/Linux isn't a form of credit where credit is
> due, then what is it?  This is very germane: I am operating under the

What it is is simple...it is a description of the system.  The system
(in its base form at least) comprises the Linux kernel and the GNU *nix
tools.

It is not IMO advertisment or recognition.  It is a statement of what
the system contains at its base level (apache is higher than that)

--
Stephen Stafford
GPG public key on request