Re: My `Section' and `Priority' lines have gone missing?

On Fri, 18 Dec 1998, Joseph Carter wrote:

> > > Don't say that where Santiago can here you..  =>  He's rather defensive
> > > about his package.  It's not been depreciated, just that many perfer
> > > debhelper.
> >
> > But that's what it says on http://www.debian.org/devel/
>
> I shall make the popcorn and get the sodas for when Santiago hears about
> this, it should be an interesting show to say the least.  Would you like
> anything while I'm at the concession stand?  =>

:-)

Ok, I have just read the web page. It says:

     * Creating a Package using Debmake (hopefully this and the following
       will be merged)
       Note: use of debmake is deprecated. Use debhelper instead. Once
       someone writes a debhelper tutorial, it will replace the debmake
       info on this page.

Of course, I don't think this is 100% fair.

In the first place, I would consider fundamentally wrong any "new
maintainer's guide" or new maintainer's web page which tells *either* "use
debmake" or "use debhelper".

I hope noone will object if I ask the webmasters to replace that
by the following:

"Note: Many people seem to prefer debhelper over debmake. Once someone
writes a debhelper tutorial, it will replace the debmake info on this
page."

Thanks.

--
 "5ae95ade6c8cf0288535ddc36aea60fa" (a truly random sig)