Re: kgb -- Archiver for .kgb files (doesn't work on non-32bits archs, changes made to address that issue)

"Raphael Geissert" <atomo64+debian@gmail.com> wrote in message news:ft9c01$18m$1@ger.gmane.org...

Hi all,

This package is already in the archive, and I have DM upload rights for it.
A few days ago I noticed this package doesn't work on non 32bits
architectures so I've done a few changes to the package.

The relevant part of changelog of the next upload is:

* debian/test.sh: add a simple test suite to be run at the build target
* debian/control: Build-Depend on gcc-multilib
  + Not building 64bits bins as the code is designed for 32bits archs

The changes I made, as suggested by Goswin von Brederlow, until I get it to
work on non 32bits archs were:

adding a Build-Depends: gcc-multilib [amd64 kfreebsd-amd64 ppc64]
calling gcc with -m32

So before I upload the package I'd like some feedback on the subject.

Note: I added the simple test suite just to make sure the compiled binaries
are ok, and prevent any similar problem (not knowing it doesn't work under
non-32) in the future.
2nd note: the package is still Arch: any, as suggested by Goswin.

I am not a DD or DM, nor have I checked your actual packaging, but your explanations of the changes made sound reasonable sane. Obviously it would be nice for true 64 bit versions to eventually be built, but those changes sound like they should result in working 32 bit executables for all architectures. (Warning: I have no actual experence with that, this is just merely a comment that what you said sounds sane).

HTH.