Re: RFS: udisks-glue

Hi,

2011/3/30 Benoît Knecht <benoit.knecht@fsfe.org>:
[...]
> I had a look at your package, and here are the small issues I noticed:
>
>  - In debian/copyright, the Format header should contain the versioned
>   DEP5 URL [1]. And you could avoid repeating the BSD-2-clause license
>   text by using a standalone license paragraph. Also, you should not
>   duplicate the Copyright line in the License header; this information
>   is already in the Copyright header (I mean remove lines 10-11 and
>   38).

I see, I'll fix that.

[...]
>  - You man page man/udisks-glue.1 contains a lot of information about
>   the configuration file syntax; you might want to split into
>   man/udisks-glue.1 for the command-line options, and
>   man/udisks-glue.conf.5 for the configuration files (and reference
>   each other in the SEE ALSO section). Speaking of sections, it's good
>   practice to follow the section names given in man-pages(7) "Sections
>   within a manual page".

That's an interesting idea. I'll update it upstream and patch the
Debian package.

>> Note you most likely want to use GDM in order to test this package for
>> automounting (XDM, for example, won't create an active local
>> ConsoleKit session without patching, which is required for mounting
>> with udisks as non-root with the default configuration).
>
> Unfortunately I do not have a test system with GDM (or even X, for that
> matter) installed, so I didn't test it. It builds fine though, except
> for a few dpkg-shlibdeps warnings about useless linking (harmless, but
> you could look into it if you want).

In fact, you can have udisks mounting stuff for you as non-root in the
console too if you install libpam-ck-connector. :-) But nevermind.

Thanks a lot for your review. In a couple days I hope to have some
spare time to prepare a new upload.

Regards,