Re: camlimages uninstallable

On Mon, Jan 27, 2003 at 08:33:53AM +0100, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 26, 2003 at 11:44:09AM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> > Mmm, because of the libpng2 thingy ?
>
> Right.
>
> > Do you know what the current status of libpng is ? there is libpng2-dev,
> > libpng12-0-dev and libpng3-dev.
>
> Uhm, no, I don't know ...

Well, as i understood it, libpng2 is for gnome 1 and gtk1, and libpng3
is for gnome2, not really clear what libpng12-0 is about ...

Mmm, now i understand, libpng3 says :

 This package is superceded by libpng12, provided for
 transitional purposes.

I guess this means that there really is only libpng2 and libpng12-0 ?

> > Mmm, could you tell me why camlimages depend on lablgtk ?
>
> OXimage and Ximage modules uses Gdk's features.

Ok, ...

> > What do you think about this, did you test if camlimages builds with
> > lablgtk2 ? maybe we could also split from the camlimages package the
>
> No I haven't tested, but I'm wondering about another point: do you
> think that camlimages could be built using libpng3-dev?

Given the above, if i parse the description correctly, i would say no,
but best would be to ask the libpng maintainer, maybe ?

BTW, you didn't respond me about the ocamlimages duplication, and if it
is ok with me to upload the new lablgtk ?

And BTW, could you please unprioterize the severity of your bug report,
serious for something i cannot even upload to fix is a bit extreme,
don't you think ?

Friendly,

Sven Luther