Re: New filesystem standard - do we want it ?

Hi.

> we should have a good way to seperate new fhs compilant packages and old
> fsstnd packages. having two distributions will make life easier,
> and i don't think that it is a big deal.

Big or not, it is a deal which will definitely delay hamm release.

> this idea came to me with the libc5/libc6 problems :

Also to me - a couple of months ago :(

> for libc5/libc6 it's too late, but with fhs we could run into similiar
> problems, and with two distributions we could manage this far better.

I hope it is not too late. After this libc5-updates (or whatever its
name) upload directory is created (WHEN?????) we will have 3
distribution trees to maintain. Having one more is surely overkill.
Let's make one change at a time. Conformance to FHS would be the goal
of next after hamm release.

Thanks.

Alex Y.
--