Re: /usr/X11R6 process

Hi,
>>"Jim" == Jim Pick <jim@jimpick.com> writes:

 Jim> This is going to be a pretty tough policy decision to make.  Right
 Jim> now, we've got several people who are holding "positions" for or
 Jim> against different proposals.  That's not going to move us any closer
 Jim> to a resolution of this policy question.  That's a sign that we might
 Jim> have to move to a more formal process.

	A formal process has already been proposed, and voted on. The
 voting period ends today. I believe the people responsible for making
 policy are the debian developers, and the policy amendment proposal
 resoects that far more than this current proposal.

 Jim>     I'm not clear on what our current setup is for that.  Do we
 Jim>     have a policy czar?

	No, and we should not.

 Jim>     Maybe it goes up to Ian Jackson?

	No, and it should not.

	Look at http://master.debian.org/%7Esrivasta/policy/

 Jim> Do people agree with this proposed process?  If it's OK, I'll
 Jim> make a first draft of the document, which we can debate.

	I object to this process. It does not take into account
 current practice, and in my opinion concentrates far more power into
 the peson who edits the proposal document, and then a so called
 czar.

	manoj
--
 My mind used formerly to go off wandering wherever it felt like,
 following its own inclination, but today I shall control it